news material Xbox Game Pass: here’s how to play without a console or PC on your Samsung TV (very easy)
This is a historic event, Microsoft and Samsung are officially partners. If you buy a Samsung 4K TV, you are now entitled to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in addition to the flagship features of the Seoul firm (QLED, Mini-LED, QD-OLED etc.). We tell you everything!
You will see, it is quite simple. However : not all Samsung 4K TVs are compatible.
We don’t know exactly why, but only Samsung TVs and smart Monitors from 2022 can run Xbox Game Pass… if your model is not found in this listThat’s fucked up…
4 simple steps to play without a console on your Samsung TV
- Check that the last update TV is done (press the “Settings” button on the remote control then in menu > Assistance > Software update > Update now)
- Go back to the home page of the TV and go to the “Games” menu on the left then to “Xbox”. The Xbox app will then install.
- Login to your Xbox account : if you do not have one, you will have to create one via a PC or a smartphone for example. It’s free and some games like Fortnite don’t require a subscription.
- Connect a bluetooth controller. Any controller works like the official Xbox pad or even the Dual Sense of the PS5…
- Choose the game you want to play and enjoy
If these quick explanations are too abstract for you, we’ll give you a tutorial, but in images, in pictures.
Xbox and Samsung: two ultra-ambitious tech giants
Microsoft has big ambitions for Xbox, its brand dedicated to gaming. Rather than betting everything on consoles and fighting against Sony’s PS5, the American titan prefers to bet on its flagship service: the Xbox Game Pass.
Netflix has revolutionized the way we enjoy films and series, Microsoft wants to convince at least as much in the video game sector, with more or less exactly the same concept.
Thanks to cloud gamingall you need is a good internet connection to have access to hundreds of gameseven recent blockbusters, since more or less any object has a screen. All you have to do is spend a few dollars a month.
So, is Microsoft winning its bet? Today, the Game Pass is almost 30 million subscribers, and this figure continues to climb.
This meteoric rise is even quite scary for some people, who fear a kind of monopoly. Since Microsoft acquired Activision Blizzard for 63 billion eurosbiggest buyout in video game historysome people are very playful and others are much more judgmental.
As for Samsung, the South Korean juggernaut is the world leader in a lot of markets: from refrigerators to smartphones, obviously including 4K TVs.
This leadership position, Samsung is fighting like hell to keep it in the face of fierce competition. You are surely already familiar with folding smartphones, but, on the side of 4K TVs, there is for example the very recent invention of the QD-OLED by Samsung Display engineers, a small revolution that can hurt rival LG.
Further than the pure technologies, there is the software, the software part. The association with Xbox is a very big blow.