It’s official, Xbox is currently testing a new Xbox Game Pass subscription plan. It allows several people to share the advantages of Game Pass Ultimate, we explain all that to you.
Xbox Game Pass Family Membership Is Official
We have been talking about the arrival of the Xbox Game Pass Family subscription since March and it is now official on two conditions. The first is to be registered in the Xbox Insider program. The second is to reside in Ireland or Colombia.
If you meet these two conditions, you must purchase the “Xbox Game Pass – Insider Preview” option in the Microsoft Store in your country. Keep in mind that this is a test and that Microsoft may adjust this new formula before rolling it out to everyone.
What are the Xbox Game Pass Family options?
This new subscription offers new possibilities for those who wish to share an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription with family or friends. Here are the current conditions in the test version:
- A total of 5 people can benefit from the Xbox Game Pass family subscription
- No content is shared between members, each person has unique access to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate games, content and benefits
- The people you share your membership with don’t have to be “Xbox Insiders”, but must reside in the same country as you. Registration is limited and will remain open as long as the offer is available.
- Joining Game Pass – Insider Preview will convert the remaining time on your current subscription to the new plan, based on the monetary value of the old subscription. For example, a full month of Ultimate will convert to 18 days of subscription for that plan. This way you won’t lose any of the remaining value of your existing subscription upon conversion.
- The conversion is final and users must wait until their new subscription expires before switching back to a previous subscription.
- Conversion is not available for invited members in a group. Before joining a group, a group member can cancel their existing subscription or wait for it to expire. If they don’t have a Microsoft account, invited friends and family will need to create a new Microsoft account and sign in to participate
- Xbox All Access members cannot participate in this test
- In Colombia, some parts of the preview have not been localized and may be displayed in English
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription Content Reminder
- Xbox Game Pass Console Subscription.
- Xbox Game Pass PC subscription.
- Xbox Live Gold subscription (to play online on Xbox consoles).
- EA Play subscription (Electronic Arts games catalog).
- Selection of Xbox games that can be streamed via the Cloud, on mobile or PC.
What is the price of the Xbox Game Pass family subscription?
Microsoft specifies that one month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is converted into 18 days of Xbox Game Pass Family.
By making a simple rule of three to determine the cost price of a day by multiplying it by 31, we arrive at €22.37 for 31 days. We can therefore deduce that overall, you have to add 10 € to the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription to benefit from the price of Xbox Game Pass Family, or around 22 €.
Note that this is only a calculation on our part and that Micrsoft must still communicate precisely on the price of this new subscription in the future. If our calculations are confirmed, the price of the Xbox Game Pass Family subscription should therefore be between €20 and €25 per month. If five people share the subscription, the cost price would thus be a maximum of €5 per month, which is a very advantageous price. Combined with the conversion of Xbox Live Gold to Game Pass, we would arrive at a rather incredible price.
When will Xbox Game Pass Family be available in Europe and France?
For the moment, this new subscription is only launched as a test in two countries and only for Xbox Insiders members. It is unknown why these two countries in particular were chosen, but count on Xboxygen to follow the progress of the deployment for the other countries, in particular in France, Belgium, Canada and Switzerland. We imagine that it will be available by the end of the year.