Without ever attaining the popularity of silent Hill and resident Evil, Alone in the dark has nevertheless made a good place for himself in the landscape of horror games since 1992, he who after all launched the genre of survival horror. The French series ofInfograms evolved over time, to a forgettable sixth episode in the form of GST in 2015, Alone in the Dark: Illumination.
The franchise was bought out by Nordic THQ in 2018 and we now know for what purpose. While the editor is holding a digital showcase tonight, a rumor peddled by The golden snitch wanted the franchise to make a comeback, and rightly so. The Belgians of smart toys have indeed listed a project too early on the site, with an official summary, images and a jacket to support: it isAlone in the Dark, a remake of the original by Interactive pieces (Magic 2) to the scenario reworked by Mikael Hedberg, author of SOMA and D’Amnesia. The synopsis already evokes psychological horror, a soundtrack with doom jazz and an adventure that can be lived with Emily Hartwood Where Edward Carnby.
Psychological horror meets Southern Gothic in this twist on survival-horror classic Alone in the Dark This love letter to the cult ’90s game will take you through a story that’s as sinister as it is memorable through the eyes of one of the two protagonists . In the skin of Edward Carnby or Emily Hartwood, explore the various environments, fight monsters, solve puzzles and discover the terrible truth about the mansion of Derceto… In the deep south of the United States during the years 1920, Emily Hartwood’s uncle disappeared. Accompanied by the private detective Edward Carnby, she goes looking for him in the manor of Derceto, a mental asylum where… something is lurking. You will encounter strange occupants, nightmarish kingdoms, dangerous monsters, and uncover an evil conspiracy. At the confluence of reality, mystery and madness, the adventure that awaits you risks undermining your certainties. Who are you going to trust, what are you going to believe, and what are you going to do next?
- Explore Derceto’s mansion in this revisit to Alone in the Dark, a true love letter to the 90s horror classic.
- Return to the roots of psychological horror and experience an atmospheric adventure on par with the game that founded the genre.
- Immerse yourself in a world of sounds that will give you goosebumps against a backdrop of doom jazz that is as memorable as it is hypnotic.
- Feel the adrenaline as you desperately try to survive a world where reality begins to crumble, evil lurks in every shadow, and ammo is scarce.
- Experience this nightmare from the perspective of Emily Hartwood or Edward Carnby and unearth the dark secrets of a Gothic mansion.
- Go beyond the imaginable through a complex psychological story written by cult screenwriter Mikael Hedberg, author of SOMA and Amnesia.
Alone in the dark is posted with a temporary release date of December 31, 2023, which suggests a launch sometime next year, a priori only on PC, PS5 and Xbox Series X|S. Nordic THQ should spell all that out with a trailer tonight.
Update : the “reimagining” of Alone in the dark has been confirmed at THQ Nordic Digital Showcase by a trailerand plans to release on PS5, Xbox Series X|S and PC at an unknown date.
|Favorite editor of your favorite editor since 2009, passionate about music that makes boom boom, follower of comic series of all kinds. I’ve played a little too much Pokémon in my life.|
|Follow me :|