Season 4 of Shadowlands brings many new features to WoW. We note the arrival of fateful raids, changes for the Mythic Plus as well as improved rewards for dungeons, raids and World Boss. Also find information on new achievements and special powers of fateful raids.
- Season 4 Date
- Dungeons and Raids Item Level
- Fate Raids
- New Achievements
- Effects of fateful raids
1. Shadowlands Season 4 Date
Shadowlands Season 4 will begin on August 3, 2022 in Europe.
- Mythic+ Season 3 will end with the start of maintenance for each region. With the end of the Season, the odds required to obtain the title ‘Heroic Cryptomancer’ and the achievements will be locked.
- The title ‘Heroic Cryptomancer’ will be granted during the weeks following the end of Season 3. Do not use a faction change before receiving it.
- The “Ahead of the Curve” achievements end with the weekly reset on August 3.
- Several balance changes for the later encounters of the Sepulcher of the Founders will take place in the coming weeks.
- PvP Season 3 will end at 22:00 before each region’s maintenance.
- With the end of the Season, it will no longer be possible to obtain seasonal rewards, titles and rankings.
There is a lot of information about Shadowlands Mythic+ Season 4. Find Season 4 dungeons, loot, best classes and specs, affixes and rewards on our dedicated page.
3. Dungeons and Raids Item Level
Here is the level of items you can collect in the different activities:
- Normal: Item Level 236
- Heroic: Item Level 249
- Mythic: Item Level 262 (Upgrade Level 1/12)
- Time Walkers
- Quest 5 Dungeons: Item Level 291
- Raids: Item Level 278
- Fate Raids (a consumable that allows you to improve your items)
- Raid Finder: Item Level 265-272
- Normal: Item Level 278-285
- Heroic: Item Level 291-297
- Mythic: item level 304 to 311
- world boss
- When Castle Nathria is fateful, Valinor, Mortanis, Oranomonos and Nurgash will offer ilvl 285 items.
- When the Sanctum of Domination is fateful, Mor’geth will offer ilvl 285 items.
- When the Founder’s Sepulcher is fateful, Antros will offer ilvl 285 items.
- World bosses are stronger when they are in their fateful week.
The Great Vault should also drop item level above 300, possibly 306. More on PvP in the coming days.
4. Fate Raids
In Season 4 of Shadowlands, thefateful affix spice up Castle Nathria, Sanctum of Domination, and Founders’ Sepulchre. While active, encounters will be more complicated than usual, resulting in new rewards as well as a consumable that will allow you to increase the item level of your gear.
4.1. Enigmatic Cartel Dinar and Purchasing Raid Items
In Season 4, you will be able to purchase Castle Natrhia, Sanctum of Domination, and Founders Sepulcher items from new NPCs located next to the Great Vault:
- Ko’ropo : Items from Castle Nathria
- So’turu : Objects from the Sepulcher of the Founders
- Ta’choso : Object of the Sanctum of Domination
Not all items are present (see news), but those that are can be obtained with an enigmatic Cartel Dinar, a new currency which you will find in Fate Raids. To get dinars, you must complete three quests:
- Quest #1: Kill 30 Fateful Raid Bosses.
- Quest #2: Kill 20 Fate Raid Bosses.
- Quest #3: Kill 10 Fateful Raid Bosses.
Be aware that there are restrictions. This is because you can only get one kill from each boss per week. Killing the Jailer on Normal+Heroic+Mythic will only count as one. However, you can also kill him in Raid Finder mode, it will count as a kill. Currency will be offered as a reward for each quest and you will only be able to acquire only three during the season.
The level of items sold will be 278 to 285 depending on the type of item, which corresponds to Normal Mode items from Fate Raids.
Currently, defeating 10 fateful bosses per week grants the acquisition of the season limit of Dinars in 6 weeks at the earliest. The developers are going to reduce the number of bosses required on each quest so that players reach that point in 4.5-6 weeks instead.
No exact details yet, but after a period of time the team will greatly reduce the requirements for all three quests. This way, the initial Season 4 progression experience is intact, but after a while you’ll be able to raid a new character or friend with no lag for it. It will be similar to what we experienced with the Creation Catalyst.
4.2. Improved fateful raid items
Items from fateful raids can be upgraded, including those you have purchased from vendors.
To upgrade an item, you need fateful shards that drop (at 100%) from fateful raid bosses. An upgrade currently costs 20 shards.
5. New Achievements
Several new achievements are appearing in Season 4. Each time it is a question of killing all the bosses in fateful mode:
- Nathria’s Fatality (also exists for Heroic and Mythic difficulty)
- Dominated Fatality (also exists for Heroic and Mythic modes)
- Grave doom (also exists for Heroic and Mythic modes)
By clearing the Mythical Nathria Castle, you will receive the teleport to it. Ditto with the Sanctum of Domination and the Sepulcher of the Founders. We will also note the existence of meta achievements if you validate the three raids:
- Validate all 3 raids in Normal mode with the Fateful affix: Mount Jigglesworth Sr.
- Validate the 3 raids in Heroic difficulty with the Fateful affix: Title Hero of fatality.
- Validate the 3 raids in Mythic mode with the Fateful affix: Three spells of teleportation towards the entrance of the raids.
6. Fate Affix Effects
here are the fateful affix effects as they exist in patch 9.2.5 data.
Fateful Power: Chaotic Essence
Opponent has increased power and casts Chaotic Essence during combat.
- Summons a Chaotic Essence that casts Chaotic Destruction, inflicting 799 Cosmic damage to players if it hits.
- When interacted with, the essence becomes hostile and instead materializes chaotic motes continuously. These inflict 3 cosmic damage to target players every 0.5 sec for 3 sec. When defeated, each splits into additional motes.
- After 15 sec, the Chaotic Essence dissipates, granting players 2% damage dealt, 2% healing done, and 2% absorption effects for 25 sec. This effect stacks for each chaotic mote eliminated.
Fateful Power: Spark of Creation
Opponent is empowered and casts Spark of Creation during combat.
- Charges a player and inflicts 3 cosmic damage every 1 sec for 30 sec. This effect is cumulative.
- When dispelled, the charge releases Sparks of Creation at nearby locations that imbue players within 0 yards of impact points. Time is sped up by 15% for 20 sec, increasing cast and attack speeds, increasing cooldowns, slowing iterations, and increasing movement speed by 45%. This effect stacks.
- If there is no player to imbue, the spark explodes, inflicting 10 cosmic damage every 2 sec for 20 sec. This effect is cumulative.
Fateful Power: Protoform Barrier
Empowers the caster character and inflicts 1 cosmic damage to players every 3 sec.
- When dispelled, this barrier materializes as an attackable opponent and shares a shield with other hostile characters that lasts 15 seconds and absorbs 400 damage. A second unit manifests, which can be healed to reduce shared absorption.
- When expired, the barrier explodes, inflicting 50 cosmic damage to all players, then an additional 5 every 1 sec for 8 sec.
- If this effect is interrupted, opponents take cosmic damage equal to the full amount of damage absorbed and players gain up to 25% damage dealt, 25% healing done, and 25% healing done. absorption effects for 40 sec.
Fateful Power: Reconfiguration Transmitter
The opponent sees his power reinforced and casts Transmitter of reconfiguration during the fight.
- Materializes as an attackable opponent who continuously casts spells and remains immune to damage until the first successful cast or interrupt. Successful casts inflict 30 cosmic damage to players. Every 5 sec, the damage dealt by the Emitter increases by 0%. This effect is cumulative.
- If interrupted, the emitter releases radiation inflicting 5 cosmic damage to players.
- When defeated, the opponent imbues players with power proportional to their energy level, increasing Mastery by up to 10, critical strike chance by up to 10%, Versatility by 10% maximum and Avoidance of maximum 8.