WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED BETWEEN LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING
1. Tennis – Masters 1000 Cincinnati: Nadal falls from the start, the Shelton sensation
Jacobs found, Ronaldo reassembled, Nadal reappears: the news on a set
YESTERDAY AT 05:17
Ruud sickened, a crowd won over: Shelton’s awesome tweener lob
2. Athletics – European Championships: PML and Kwaou-Mathey on the box, a first Pontvianne
Pascal Martinot-Lagarde and Asier Martinez are playing for victory in the 110m hurdles at “breakage”, the Spaniard will win for 1 thousandth
Credit: Getty Images
3. Mercato – Ligue 1: An offer from PSG for Bernardo Silva?
Paris wants to strike a blow: Bernardo Silva approaching?
WE HAVE ALSO RETAINED FOR YOU
- Basketball – NBA : Linked with the Los Angeles Lakers until the end of the next season, LeBron James will extend his contract for two years, including one as an option, which will take him to the maximum until 2024-2025.
- Cycling – Tour de France : Disqualified by the UCI after two positive tests for Tramadol, a product banned by the international body but not by the World Anti-Doping Agency, Nairo Quintana denied having used it on the Grande Boucle and during his career. He claims to consider an appeal and confirms his participation in the Vuelta.
- Justice – Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games : A former senior official of the organization of the Tokyo Olympics and three other men were arrested on Wednesday in Japan as part of an investigation into possible bribes, Japanese prosecutors announced.
- Basketball – NBA : The Los Angeles Lakers announced on Wednesday that they were going to withdraw the N.16 jersey worn by pivot Pau Gasol on March 7, 2023, during the regular season match against the Memphis Grizzlies, another former team of the Spanish.
- Tennis – Masters 1000 Cincinnati : Hubert Hurkacz, recent finalist in Montreal, and Nick Kyrgios, who appeared physically borrowed two weeks before the US Open, were stopped in the second round of the Masters 1000 in Cincinnati.
- Tennis – WTA 1000 Cincinnati : The world No.1 Iga Swiatek made a successful entry into the running, winning 6-4, 7-5 against the American Sloane Stephens (57th). Another notable qualifier, Emma Raducanu (13th) who, like the day before against Serena Williams, was merciless for Belarusian Victoria Azarenka (22nd), winner in 2013 and 2020 of the event, swept away 6-0, 6- 2.
THE CARP CELEBRATION TWEET
THE CATCH-UP VIDEO
Stefan Küng loses his European champion jersey. The Swiss defending champion was beaten by his compatriot Stefan Bissegger on Wednesday in Fürstenfeldbruck. He bowed for less than a second. Rainbow jersey, Filippo Ganna (Italy) completed the podium made up of the three favorites in this “Europe” time trial. Here is the suspenseful epilogue on video.
Küng fails 0.3 from Bissegger: the breathless epilogue of the clock
THE PODCAST TO ACCOMPANY YOUR DAY
Fischer – Spassky, blockbuster on 64 cases
It is the most legendary match in history. The one who brought the game of chess into homes and gave this discipline a unique dimension. In the summer of 1972, Boris Spassky the Soviet and Bobby Fischer the American held the planet spellbound by clashing for the world title. The consecration of the genius of Fischer, a tortured character.
WHAT YOU CAN’T MISS TO FOLLOW TODAY
1. Tennis – Cincinnati Masters 1000: Medvedev exit, Shelton surprise continue
Very heavy on the North American courts this Thursday. World No. 1 Daniil Medvedev (seeded No. 1) will challenge Denis Shapovalov, who defeated Dimitrov and Paul in the previous rounds. A big duel awaits Taylor Fritz (11) and Andrey Rublev (6), while the surprise 19-year-old Ben Shelton will once again have a hard time facing Cameron Norrie (9), after masterfully getting out of Casper Ruud ( 5).
2. Athletics – European Championships: The track for sprinters and sprinters, Happio puts on the spikes
Following the Euro in Munich. After the 100m, it’s the big comeback of the fastest men and women on the continent in the 200m. Will follow the qualifications in the morning before switching to the semi-finals in the evening. On the side of the Blues, Yanis Esmeralda David will be in the long final (8:58 p.m.), and Wilfried Happio, 4th at the Worlds in the 400m hurdles, will enter the running, just like Karsten Warholm, in the semi-final (11:25 a.m. ).
3. Tennis – WTA 1000 Cincinnati: Garcia to recover
A few days after her early elimination in Canada when she had just won a WTA title, and after going through the qualifications in the USA, Caroline Garcia will face the Belgian Elise Mertens, in the round of 16 at “Cincy”. World number 1 Iga Swiatek (1) faces Madison Keys.
Cycling, with the Tour of Denmark and the Tour of Limousin, Nice in the Europa League Conference play-offs, the Europa League play-offs…
Griezmann treats, Liverpool worries and 100m finals: the news on a set
08/16/2022 At 05:02
Mayer on deck, the Carreno Busta surprise, slowed Marseille, sacred Vigier: the news on a set
08/15/2022 At 05:59