WHAT YOU MAY HAVE MISSED BETWEEN LAST NIGHT AND THIS MORNING
1. Tennis, ATP Cincinnati: Coric makes history
Garcia on fire, the Jumbo in force, quiet Lyon, Tsitsipas-Medvedev shock: The news on a set
08/20/2022 At 06:03
A lob back to the net in squash mode: Coric’s stroke of genius
2. Basketball, NBA: Rodman wants to go to Russia
Dennis Rodman intends to travel to Russia to work for the release of WNBA player Brittney Griner. According to NBC News, Rodman said he hoped to fly to Russia this week to help Griner, who was sentenced to nine years in prison by a Russian court for trafficking cannabis. “I got permission to go to Russia to help this girl,” Rodman told NBC. “I’m trying to go this week.“, he said without giving more details.
3. Football, Ligue 1: Galtier savors the state of mind of his team and his trio
After an incredible 7 to 1, it would have been hard to be otherwise. But Paris SG coach Christophe Galtier appreciated the “pleasure” displayed by his players during the demonstration on the lawn of Lille. “Everyone had a very good game, I liked the desire to play together for each other“, launched the Parisian coach before adding: “They played for each other, with great pleasure. There were striking images, there were collective efforts, a lot of defensive efforts and a lot of complicity between them..
WE HAVE ALSO RETAINED FOR YOU
- Soccer, League : Thanks to Robert Lewandowski, scorer for his birthday, Ousmane Dembélé and Ansu Fati, FC Barcelona tamed Real Sociedad 4-1 on Sunday in San Sebastian for the second day of La Liga.
- a league : AC Milan, defending champion, could not bring back better than a draw from his trip to Atalanta Bergamo (1-1), Sunday evening, during the 2nd day of the championship.
- Golf : Tom Weiskopf, winner of the British Open in 1973, died Saturday at his home in Montana of pancreatic cancer at the age of 79.
- Golf : American Patrick Cantlay won the BMW Championship for the second time in a row, the second part of the FedEx Cup. The 4th in the world is the first player in history to retain his title in a playoff event, marking the end of the season.
The tweet that makes you smile
Caroline Garcia achieved the greatest feat of her career in Cincinnati, becoming the first player to win a WTA 1000 from qualifying, at the expense of Petra Kvitova. As often, the Frenchwoman quickly shared her happiness on her social networks. And it’s communicative.
THE CATCH-UP VIDEO
In a race marked by the falls of Michael Woods or Richard Carapaz, it is still Sam Benett who raises his arms on the line in Breda during the 3rd stage of the Vuelta this Sunday. The red jersey remains with the Jumbos but once again changes shoulders. The summary of the 3rd stage of the Tour of Spain in video.
Woods gives up, Bennett still winner, the Jumbos pass the jersey: the summary in video
WHAT YOU CAN’T MISS TO FOLLOW TODAY
1. Football, Premier League: Manchester United – Liverpool, clash under pressure
It’s a rather special but highly anticipated shock in the Kingdom. At 9:00 p.m., Manchester United, 19th in the Premier League with two defeats in two matches on the clock, receives Liverpool on Monday. And if the Red Devils are forced to react, the Reds are not left out because Liverpool are also in trouble at the start of the 2022-23 financial year and are still waiting for their first victory.
2. Football, Serie A: Roma and Juve want to continue
If Naples and Inter Milan have chained a second victory, Roma and Juventus can also fill up on points on Monday, respectively against Cremonese at the Olimpico (6.30 p.m.) and Sampdoria in Genoa (8.45 p.m.).
Vuelta, Medvedev, Casemiro, the Grebo final: the action on set
08/19/2022 At 05:01
Nadal knocked out, the blue hurdlers rewarded, Happio enters the scene: The news on a plateau
08/18/2022 At 04:58