When will the Paris 2024 Olympic Games take place?
The Paris Olympic Games will take place from Friday July 26 to Sunday August 11, 2024. The opening and closing ceremonies will take place on the Seine with a show “unique and landmark” in the words of Tony Estanguet, the president of Paris 2024.
Macron is committed: the State as close as possible to the Paris Games
8 HOURS AGO
Estanguet promises an extraordinary ceremony: “This country is crazy, capable of incredible things”
How to watch the Paris 2024 Olympic Games live video?
The Paris 2024 Olympic Games will be available to watch live and in full on all Eurosport and Warner Bros. platforms. Discovery. All the images, all the reactions, behind the scenes, you won’t miss a thing from the sporting event of the year.
France Télévisions will also broadcast the event in France.
Tony Estanguet, President of the Paris 2024 Organizing Committee, accompanied by the Minister of Sports Amélie Oudea-Castera.
What days will the first events of the Paris 2024 Olympics take place?
The football, rugby and handball tournaments will begin on July 24, two days before the opening ceremony. As of July 27, the first medals will be awarded in judo, road cycling and fencing.
What is the schedule for the 2024 Paris Olympics?
- Swimming, men’s and women’s 100m freestyle finals: Wednesday July 31, 2024 from 8:30 p.m. at Paris La Défense Arena
- Handball, ladies’ final: Saturday August 10, at 3 p.m. at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille
- Handball, men’s final: Sunday August 11, at 1.30 p.m. at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy in Lille
The last gold medal of the Olympic Games will be distributed during the women’s basketball final on Sunday August 11 at Arena Bercy.
Which sites will host the Paris 2024 Olympic Games?
With many mythical and above all historical sites, athletes and spectators should live an incredible experience during this fortnight.
The main sites of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games
- Arena Alice Milliat, Porte de la Chapelle: badminton, rhythmic gymnastics
- Vaires-sur-Marne nautical base: canoeing, rowing
- Nautical Center of Saint-Denis: diving, synchronized swimming, water polo
- Champ-de-Mars: beach volleyball
- Palace of Versailles: horse riding, modern pentathlon
- Elancourt hill: mountain biking
- Esplanade des Invalides: archery
- Grand Palais: fencing, taekwondo
- Pop-up Grand Palais: judo, wrestling
- National golf course of Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines: golf
- Roucas-Blanc Olympic Marina in Marseille: sailing
- Palais omnisports de Paris-Bercy: basketball, artistic gymnastics, trampoline
- Parc des Expositions at Porte de Versailles: table tennis, volleyball, weightlifting
- Paris La Défense Arena: swimming, water polo
- Place de la Concorde: 3×3 basketball, BMX freestyle, breakdance, skateboarding
- Pont d’Iéna: triathlon, road cycling, athletics (marathon, walking), swimming in open water
- Seine: opening and closing ceremonies
- Le Bourget climbing site: climbing
- Pierre-Mauroy stadium in Lille: handball
- Roland-Garros stadium: tennis, boxing
- Stade de France: athletics, rugby sevens
- Yves-du-Manoir stadium in Colombes: field hockey
- National Center of Châteauroux: shooting
- Teahupo’o (Tahiti): surfing
- Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines national velodrome: track cycling, BMX, modern pentathlon
The football tournaments will take place at the Parc Olympique Lyonnais in Décines-Charpieu, at the Stade Vélodrome in Marseille, at the Riviera stadium in Nice, at the Geoffroy-Guichard stadium in Saint-Etienne, at the Bordeaux stadium and at the Parc des Princes.
Tony Estanguet: “We aim to leave a legacy in the lives of French people”
What are the new sports on the program of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games?
Breakdance is the only new sport to make its debut at the 2024 Paris Olympics. A spectacular discipline, it should benefit from a dream setting for its great Olympic premiere since the events will take place at Place de la Concorde.
Breakdance at the Games: “It’s a big revenge for our discipline”
Who will be the mascot for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games?
Be patient, it’s coming. The Paris 2024 Olympic Games mascot will be unveiled in the fall of 2022.
What is the slogan of the Paris 2024 Olympics?
Monday July 25, 2022, the Organizing Committee revealed the slogan of these Olympic Games through a colorful clip. “Let’s open the Games wide“, this is the leitmotif of this next Olympiad.
Where is the Olympic Village of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games located?
An essential site for the Olympic and Paralympic fortnights, the Olympic and Paralympic Village will be set up in L’Île-Saint-Denis. The site is currently under construction and should be operational from March 1, 2024.
When will we be able to buy tickets for the Paris 2024 Olympics?
Thirteen million tickets will be on sale for the Paris Games, including 10 for the Olympic Games. Three major dates are to be remembered for the ticketing of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games as reported by the official Paris 2024 website.
- December 2022 (date to be determined) : Beginning of registrations for the draw for the sale of packs to attend several competitions
- February 2023 : opening of sales of packs
- May 2023 : opening of the sale of single tickets
- End of 2023 (date to be determined): tickets available for purchase for all events and for the general public. Tickets will be added until the start of the Olympic Games, without a draw.
Paris 2024: Tony Estanguet gives information on ticketing
How much will tickets for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games cost?
The organization has announced that more than one million tickets will be available at €24 and that half of the tickets reserved for the general public will be priced at or below €50. The prices of single tickets will vary from €24 to €950 (excluding ceremonies).
How to participate in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games marathon?
Participating in the Paris 2024 Olympic Games as an athlete is possible! In 2021, a thousand days before the opening of the Games, the organization had set up an unprecedented operation to try to win its bib for the marathon of the Games of 2024.
We challenged Kipchoge for 5 km… and here’s what happened
How to become a volunteer for the Paris 2024 Olympic Games?
The recruitment campaign for volunteers/volunteers for the 2024 Paris Olympics will start from February 2023. The recruitment process will be spread over several months and responses to applicants will be given in September 2023.
“Let’s open the Games wide”: The slogan of the Games unveiled
10 HOURS AGO
“Let’s open the Games wide”: the Paris 2024 slogan unveiled
10 HOURS AGO