How to prospect on LinkedIn and develop your business from home? How to get known with digital marketing? How does the LinkedIn algorithm work? LinkedIn belongs to Microsoft and allows you to get in touch with nearly 26 million LinkedIn users ready to be put in touch, to find solutions, to share passions… It is above all a tool for finding a job or recruiting, and henceforth to develop its business, its commercial activity…
Digital and communication strategy
Defining the commercial and communication strategy on digital tools requires asking yourself and finishing the outlines of your actions to be more visible and readable. To do this, follow these few steps:
- Keep an eye on the best ambassadors on LinkedIn, or those who have impressed you with effective LinkedIn In-mails. Use the # to find ideas;
- Be visual: profile picture, logo, background banner and short title;
- Pay attention to the choice of the URL with the name of the company and its profession;
- Be concise and regular in your posts by establishing a professional editorial calendar.
Define the prospecting budget
There is the paid version of LinkedIn to go further in the features, but also to make known your offers, your products via advertising.
The challenge of prospecting is to be proactive as in a networking group by contacting the decision-maker(s), the people who will be inclined to listen to you.
All of this will take time. It must therefore be calculated, by comparing it to other forms of prospecting. All this is virtuous and complementary, to actions in trade fairs, to think tanks…
There are digital aids to finance your site redesigns, but also your social network projects.
Choose your target and your persona: typical profile of my contacts
On the free version of LinkedIn, without going through the sales navigator offer, you can define the following elements for your professional personae:
- The position, the profession;
- The company or companies;
- The geographical area;
- The network: 1st, 2nd or 3rd circle.
Why prospect on LinkedIn? What is the LinkedIn user looking for?
After having established your target, your market, your personae, it is crucial to maintain your community and forge a lasting bond with regular content. You must also continue to grow your audience, the people who follow you and who follow the company page of your structure or employer.
What are the essential steps to find prospects on LinkedIn?
It is essential to work on your showcase, and therefore your personal profile, to take care of the details: keywords, recommendation, skills, expertise, visuals and photos.
Here is 5 key steps to optimize your LinkedIn profile to attract the curious:
- Establish a complete description that makes you want to get in touch (emoticons too);
- Optimize profile: Define main keywords related to your field of activity, which will appear in the LinkedIn algorithm and which will be pleasant to read;
- Write publications that answer the questions, issues of your personae: therefore interesting written and video content;
- Expand your network intelligently by choosing your contacts (look at LinkedIn’s SSI, LinkedIn’s social score index);
- Participate in conversations in relevant and popular publications and share content in groups.
What tools to prospect and develop your business on LinkedIn?
To succeed, you need to clearly define the objectives (number of contacts and conversion rate) to know how many people to solicit every day.
This will give you the keys to understanding which tools to use and choose asking yourself: What are its market advantages ? What is my market? What need am I meeting? Which prospects to target? What are the arguments sales according to the profiles that I request?
Often the product is you more than the solution, the service or the product in the material sense.
Creating a LinkedIn business account
Creating a company page on the LinkedIn B2B social network takes time to put the right information. As such it takes less than 5 minutes. To do this, click on the Products icon at the top right of your LinkedIn homepage. Scroll down and click Create a LinkedIn Page. Select the type of page that you wish to create, in our case “Company”.
It is often long and tedious to solicit and follow up with each targeted person. There are solutions to help you visit the profile (you show an interest), ask to become a contact, then exchange by email, all for free on LinkedIn.
Once the LinkedIn contact request has been sent and accepted, it’s time to start a conversation with your prospect. Here is an example of a sequence of 3 messages:
- A thank you message;
- A message in which I share quality content with my prospect;
- A message where I present him concretely what we do and what we can bring him.
There are several solutions, including a very interesting and intuitive one. In any case, time and patience are your allies as soon as you want to take action.
Don’t forget to connect your leads and contacts to a CRM
The customer management tool called CRM will allow you to follow the history of exchanges (telephone, email, etc.), services in progress if the business is carried out, or to follow the steps to conclude your contract 🙂
Think of the LinkedIn newsletter, new option 2022
Everyone can discover, read and share your LinkedIn Newsletter on their notification walls, in post. LinkedIn members can also subscribe to it and therefore reinforce your expertise, your solutions 🙂 All this reinforces the unique, useful and deep content strategy.