There are several methods to unlock your Samsung mobile when you forgot the password.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Introductory price 1259 €
Used Marketplace Fnac.com
Used Darty.com Marketplace
Used on the Amazon Marketplace
Used Cdiscount Marketplace
How the pricing table works
Forgetting your smartphone’s password or PIN code can happen to anyone. No need to panic, there are solutions to remedy it yourself and without difficulty. This guide is valid for Samsung smartphones, including the Galaxy S21 Ultra, and Android mobiles in general.
How to use Find My Mobile
Find My Mobile is a Samsung service that allows you to locate and remotely control a Samsung smartphone.
Several preamble details:
The Find My Mobile app must be installed and associated with a Samsung account;
The smartphone must be connected to a wifi or mobile network;
You must have your Samsung account password.
Remote unlock must also be enabled on the phone. To do this, successively open Settings > Biometrics and Security > Mobile Trackingthen activate the slider of the function Remote unlock.
To retrieve your forgotten PIN using Find My Mobile:
- Go to Unlock and enter your Samsung account password and click Next ;
- A window informs you that your smartphone has been unlocked;
- You can then access your phone and set a new PIN or password.
How to use Google’s Find My Device feature
For this option to work, you must first enable Find My Phone with administrative rights.
To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Special app access > Device admin apps ;
- Move the slider to Find my devicethen confirm authorization by pressing Enable the Admin app for this device ;
- Open the Find My Device link on your computer;
- From there, go to Secure the devicewrite a recovery message (optional) then click Secure the device ;
- Google will lock your device remotely. Then follow the on-screen instructions to unlock your phone. You will be prompted to set a new password, which will bypass the Samsung password screen. Once your smartphone is unlocked, you can deactivate the temporary password in the settings and replace it with your own.
How to Factory Reset a Samsung Smartphone
This is the most drastic option, which will result in total loss of your data. The inconvenience will be less if you have activated the backup via your Samsung account. You can then restore apps and data in minutes.
- Simultaneously press the power and volume “+” buttons;
- The phone will restart. Hold down the power key until you see the Android logo;
- You switch to the Android system recovery menu. Touch screen will not work, need to press volume down key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset ;
- Press the power key to confirm your selection;
- Once your device is reset, select Reboot system now (Reboot system now).