Game news Elden Ring: A Surprise Update! Everything you need to know
Elden Ring has been getting a little more discreet recently, although Hidetake Miyazaki will receive a trophy from his peers and players have set up a complete site to rail against PvP while warmly thanking the developers for their work. But this break is over, here is the 1.06 update
From Software continues to refine Elden Ring
Like any self-respecting open world, Elden Ring is full of more or less important bugs, which are gradually corrected according to their importance, recurrence and impactbut others are regularly discovered and exploited by certain speedrunners. Overall the idea is to reduce the number of bugs to make disappear those who can hinder progress or spoil the fun of the game. Thus, some are doomed to stay forever, being neither serious nor recurring.
A few months after the release, the developers of From Software continue to polish their latest baby, and have just rolled out update 1.06 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series. In addition to bug fixes, the full list of which is available on the game’s official website, the update brings a number of balancing and a very nice little change. In fact, you can now invade a larger area and complete Varré’s questwhich allows to obtain the White Mask, without the need to participate in an invasion multiplayer. The update is normally already available to everyone, and the team urges players to install it.
- Added the function to send summoning signs to summoning pools in multiple areas, including remote areas.
- When sending a co-op sign to remote areas with this function, the “Mohgwyn’s Palace” summoning pools will be excluded.
- Added a function to invade a larger area, including remote areas.
- Added the following adjustments to Gray Sword, Curved Gray Sword, and Great Hammers:
- Reduced the time it takes to be able to roll after an attack (not including jump attack, two-handed attack, and mounted attacks).
- Increased movement speed of strong attack and charge attack (mounted attacks not included).
- Increased guard pawn movement speed
- Increased the attack speed of Great Axes and reduced the time it takes to roll after an attack (jump attack, double stick attack, and mounted attacks not included).
- Increased roll distance when the player has a light gear load.
- Increased the hitbox of the Cipher Pata’s weapon skill “Unblockable Blade”.
- Increased range of ‘Glintstone Pebble’ and ‘Glintstone Dart’ Ash of War projectiles, while decreasing damage and stagger power.
- Decreased the movement distance and “Bloodhound Step” ash of war invincibility frames while adding the changes below:
- Reduced performance with continued use.
- Increased movement distance when carrying light gear.
- Shortened the activation interval when successively using the “Quick Step” skill, increasing its ability to circle around the enemy when locked and added the changes below:
- Reduced performance with continuous use
- Increased movement distance when gear load is light.
- Decreased the damage and bleed buildup of the weapon skill “Corpse Pile” when hit by the Blood attack. When struck by the blade, the damage is only slightly decreased.
- Decreased target tracking ability of “Stars of Ruin” magic.
- Fixed a bug due to which some attacks of “Lucerne” did not break through the enemy’s guard.
- Fixed a bug where it was harder for a two-handed jump attack with “Blood Fang” to break the enemy’s position.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effect of “Determination” and “Royal Knight’s Resolve” to disappear after using the “Parry” skill with a dagger.
- Fixed a bug when two-handed wielding an Ax and a Great Axe, where additional effects from spells, weapon skills, and items were not applied correctly.
- Fixed a bug when wielding a two-handed halberd that made it harder to resist enemy attack after using counter guard.
- Fixed a bug where the physical attack affinity of some weapons was different from the affinity indicated in the description.
- Fixed a bug where the player was more easily spotted by the enemy while wearing the “Death Robe”, even when crouched.
- Fixed a bug where the charge attack with the flail damaged the ally character when wearing the “Death Robe”. Fixed a bug that caused HP to regenerate when using a certain type of armor.
- Fixed a bug due to which the effect added to the weapon when using “Mists of Sleep” was lost when the player received an attack.
- Fixed a bug due to which the playable character’s movement became unstable when hitting certain enemies with the “Ghostflame Ignition” skill.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from using the “Queen’s Black Flame” skill follow-up attack when performing it with insufficient PF.
- Fixed a bug with the weapon skill “Zamor’s Ice Storm” that made it easier for the player to resist enemy attack when using the skill with insufficient PF.
- Fixed a bug due to which the effect of spells and items added to the right hand weaponry would occur when using certain weapon skills with the left hand.
- Fixed a bug where the description of the FP consumption of some weapon skills was different from their actual FP cost.
- Fixed a bug that caused the “Rock Blaster” to not consume FP when used with a staff in the left hand and no weapon in the right hand.
- Fixed a bug that caused the charged version of “Ritual of the Black Flame” to consume the same amount of stamina as the normal version.
- Fixed a bug where the player received less HP recovery from incantations and items other than “Vial of Crimson Tears” when activating the effect of “Great Rune of Malenia”.
- Fixed a bug where Opaline Crystal Tear did not reinforce physical damage negation.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from jumping in the air when riding under specific conditions.
- Fixed a bug that allowed the jump attack with colossal weapons when mounted to hit twice in a row.
- Fixed a bug due to which some signs appeared more than once in the summon pool.
- Fixed a bug that caused the attack effect of certain weapon skills to persist under specific circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused a significant performance issue in “Ordina, Liturgical City” under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from picking up dropped runes upon death under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to reach certain inaccessible areas during multiplayer mode.
- Fixed a bug due to which the multiplayer area had different boundaries than intended.
- Fixed a bug where some enemies had incorrect visuals and behaviors.
- Fixed a bug due to which incorrect sounds were played under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to be unable to move in certain areas, leading to death.
- Fixed a bug where some map locations had incorrect visuals and hitboxes.
- Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed users to reach unexpected places using certain procedures.
- Fixed a PC version bug that caused clicks when equipping holy staves or sigils and switching windows to active.
- In the 1.04 update file, we fixed a bug that allowed players to pass unauthorized items that cannot be obtained in-game to other players. After the distribution of this update file, the possession and use of these unauthorized items will be subject to a warning or penalty after a certain period of time.