Game news Dungeons & Dragons: next generation D&D, new adventure… All the news from Wizards Presents!
Four months after last April’s D&D Direct, publisher Wizards of the Coast returns to talk about the legendary board game at its Wizards Presents event. Next generation of D&D, new adventure… We summarize what has been said.
- One D&D: the next generation of Dungeons & Dragons already in the testing phase
- A very popular adventure returns!
One D&D: the next generation of Dungeons & Dragons already in the testing phase
Today was the wizards presentan event hosted by publisher Wizards of the Coast. The latter, known for his work on the card game Magic and the board games Dungeons & Dragons (D&D) communicated numerous announcements around its flagship products. If this article concerns the information revealed today around D&D, another article dedicated to Magic is also available for those interested more in the card game than in the role-playing game “paper“.
If we had to retain one thing from The wizard presents re Dungeons & Dragonsthis is the announcement of the start of the testing phases for the next generation of D&D. Responding to the codename A D&Dshe will benefit fromrules updated and backwards compatible with the fifth edition“. On this subject, it will also be usable on “DnD beyond : a website that gives access to many digital tools to transpose your adventures Dungeons & Dragons digitally. Moreover, it is on DnD Beyond that it will be possible to “participate in public tests of One D&D“.
Something to prepare for the release of D&D 6E, the sixth edition of Dungeons & Dragons. In September 2021, Wizards of the Coast announced the release of the sixth generation for 2024: enough to coincide with the 10th anniversary of the fifth edition, but also with the 50th anniversary of the game.
A very popular adventure returns!
Furthermore, this wizards present was also an opportunity for the publisher to return to an adventure he had already presented previously with Dragonlance: Shadow of the Dragon Queen. It takes place in the world of Krynn against the backdrop of the War of the Lance. DragonLance was specially developed and written in 1984, for the modules of the advanced version of Dungeons & Dragons. On the program of this new adventure, the new race of Kender, different rules concerning magic and Dragons. As mentioned in April, this adventure can be played with the new board game designed by Rob Daviau (Risk Legacy) and Stephen Baker (HeroQuest, Battle Masters): Dragonlance: Warriors of Krynn.
During this presentation, Wizards of the Coast clarified the different release dates of this adventure. The Shadow of the Dragon Queen will be available everywhere with a standard cover, while an alternative cover will be available only in game stores at from December 6, 2022. The Deluxe Edition of Shadow of the Dragon Queen, containing the adventure, the board game and an exclusive dungeon master screen, will be available on February 28, 2023. On this subject, WotC also presented an offer for D&D Beyond fans: they will be able to have early access to the adventure on the site from next November 22thanks to pre-orders already available.
Five other products, in English, to be released in 2023
- First quarter 2023 – Keys from the Golden Vault – Ocean’s Eleven meets D&D in this heist-of-the-century themed short adventure book.
- Second quarter 2023 – Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants – A companion to the Treasure of the Fizban Dragons of last year, centered on the giants.
- Third quarter 2023 – The Book of Many Things – A collection of creatures, locations, and other items related to the mysterious Wonder Cards.
- Third quarter 2023 – The Phandelver campaign – It will transform the classic Phandelver Lost Mine into a full campaign tinged with cosmic horror.
- Fourth quarter 2023 – Planescape – The legendary campaign setting returns! As Spelljammer: Space Adventurefans will be able to explore Sigil, the City of Doors, with a guide, a bestiary and an adventure all rolled into one.