Game News Diablo 4: character editor, gameplay, game modes… a big leak tells us more!
Diablo IV is undoubtedly one of the most anticipated titles in the gaming sphere, and for good reason: it is a cult franchise whose legacy is indisputable. The good news is that a leak has just taken place and allows us to see a little more before the hour.
Leaks are now commonplace in the video game industry, to the delight of gamers, but not necessarily for developers who have to tear their hair out more than once. In the case of Diablo IV, it did not fail and a huge leak has just taken place, videos and images to support it on Reddit.
Emphasis is particularly placed on the different menus, with a plethora of information to put in their mouths and relating to various and varied parts. Of course, this is a version still in development and we imagine that certain aspects may change by then.
As tradition dictates, each player will have the opportunity to choose a class and create their own character using a dedicated editor. The latter is exhibited precisely through this leak, with a particular focus on the Barbarian, both male and female.
Two main modes will be offered:
- Seasonal mode: as its name suggests, this one should look like Diablo II and Diablo III and will be correlated with the Seasons, which will therefore arrive later. The concept will be to start from scratch and compete with friends to win exclusive rewards.
- Hardcore mode: everything is in the title. Here, death is final and game over renders your character unusable.
Note that in this alpha, the Seasonal mode is not made available. Proof that it should arrive later, during Season 1, certainly.
Two difficulty modes can be seen in the apha leak:
- Adventurer mode: this one is similar to an Easy mode, recommended for new Diablo players with a lighter challenge. Enemies are easier to defeat. The loot will be of “average” quality.
- Veteran mode: this one is recommended for regulars of the Diablo franchise. The enemies will be more aggressive and the loot will simply be of higher quality. As for the amount of XP and Gold to be won, it will also be greater.
Because everyone does not necessarily know how to play Diablo or maybe others are a little rusty since time, Diablo IV will obviously offer tutorials, divided into two types:
- A supported tutorial: Recommended for new Diablo players, this one will explain all game mechanics.
- A lighter tutorial: this tutorial will only focus on the new features of the game and not its fundamentals.
This data is not given precisely, but we already have a first element of response: the leak in question shows that the alpha weighs 67.5 GB. As saying that the full game should much more than the demo : So expect a small behemoth and therefore make room on your hard drive or SSD.
Diablo IV is still expected for 2023 on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series and Xbox One.