news material Apple would convince more than 35 million Americans to abandon Android just because of this
An American study has just updated a rather shocking figure: approximately 25% of Android users would be ready to switch to Apple thanks to a single feature. Switching from an Android smartphone to an iPhone has never been easier and it is quite possible that the iPhone 14 will be a huge box.
Millions of Americans ready to switch from Android to an iPhone
Watch out, we’re going to get into the tough stuff with big numbers right from the start. That way, everyone understands the title of this article.
- According to Statista, there are approximately 280 million smartphones in circulation in the United States.
- According to a recent survey by Consumer Research Intelligence Partners50% of Americans are on iOS (iPhone) and, you can imagine, the others 50% use an Android smartphone.
- Result : there are 140 million americans on android. Logic.
Hang on, the puzzle is almost over. A new study conducted by Beyond Identitya cybersecurity expert box, reveals that 25% of Android users say they are attracted to buying an iPhone. Quick little math, 25% of 140 million is 35 million.
Across the Atlantic, the phones from the Cupertino company are becoming more and more popular. Every year, Apple scrapes market share from its competition.
The numbers are crisp and clear, but, taken out of context, they mean nothing. A question then arises: why is Apple so successful? There is one major answer: security.
The iPhone 14: the most secure smartphone on the market? Apple versus Android
Half of the 1,003 surveyed (a sufficient number to have a reliable study if it is a representative panel) are unanimous: it is thanks to Apple’s superiority in terms of security and confidentiality that they love Apple.
People who own an iPhone 13 are twice as likely to say their phone is the safest they’ve ever owned. Here, whether it is factual or the simple result of a good communication campaign does not matter: people have the sensation that iOS is much more reliable than Android.
The apple knows it, and it plays on it. In a 2021 report, Apple says Android smartphones are 15 to 47 times more likely to be infected with malware than an iPhone. This figure can be explained in several ways:
- Apple is very strict about downloadable apps. Everything must go through the App Storepretty locked.
- Apple’s business model is not based on reselling data…unlike Google, which is behind the Android operating system.
- iPhones are expensive. they are all premium smartphones, with state-of-the-art technologies, particularly in terms of security. There is a greater disparity on Android.
- There are generally fewer iPhones in circulation. If a hacker wants to create a virus, they are more likely to deploy it widely if they develop it for Android rather than iOS.
With iOS 16, which will be installed by default on future iPhone 14s, Apple has even developed a “lockdown” mode.. This mode is reserved for the very small percentage of people who are more likely than average to be attacked by hackers (for who they are or what they do). For a maximum level of security, this mode limits many functions of the iPhone.
In practice, almost no one will use containment mode… but it is very useful commercially by reinforcing Apple’s security image.
Be warned, while millions of people say they’re willing to switch from Android to iOS for security reasons, that doesn’t mean iPhone users are the happiest in the world. The price, for example, is a blocking factor for many people. Thereby, more than a third of iOS users are considering switching to Android.